Ireland


Pappy ( my Granddad) was from Ireland and is buried there. We used to go regularly to Kerry when I was younger but I hadn't been for at least 12 years... 

Last week I went over with my parents and their dog and went around some of my favourite places. I also managed to buy a mirror for 95 euros, but that's another story!

  • If you ever go to Kerry I can recommend you go to Dingle (we stayed just outside by Inch beach). Murphy's has the best ice cream flavours and you can go on boat rides to see Fungie the dolphin
  • The South Pole Inn (not that far outside in Annascaul) has amazing photographs of local boy and former owner, Tom Crean who was on the Discovery, Terra Nova and Endurance expeditions. 
  • You should also check out the Skellig and Blasket centres - I've not been to either set of islands but you can find out lots about them in the centres and they do tours. One of the Skelligs is going to be in the new Star Wars film!


Fort Charles, Co. Cork

Kinsale, Co. Cork

Clogher Beach, Co. Kerry

Clogher beach, Co. Kerry

Ballyheigue beach, Ireland

From Valentina Island, Co. Kerry

Inch Beach, Co. Kerry


Top photo: Minard Castle, Co. Kerry

Comments

  1. Gorgeous photographs, Caitlin. I've from Northern Ireland and this post made me feel a little pang of homesickness. It's such a special, beautiful island.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment