Experiments in blogging: writing


I've been thinking more about writing, I sit next to an aspiring playwright now so it was always going to happen a bit.

This being a craft blog, I've focused more on pictures. They're fast and speak a thousand words, but I would like to improve my writing. I don't want to be write a novel or a play or a film - I just want to be better at sharing things with anyone that happens to be reading this blog. Even if it is just so old lady me doesn't read this and think 'I such was a dickhead'...

Style

Writing this I have become more and more aware of how often I use certain sentence structures, and you know I love an ellipsis! I try to write how I speak but it would be great if writing more helps me to find my style more.

Post length

I'd like some of my posts to be a bit longer because it can take me a while to 'warm up' to writing and I think it it'll help be to share more information. I don't think I'll be doing long form just yet though!


Sharing

I'm still trying to figure out what I do and don't want to share on here but I know I'd like to share a bit more. I'm not going to share information every time I do anything. I know I won't be sharing friends and family's stories on here and I expect I won't share much about my love life on here anytime soon. 


Resources:

Comments