Moving out check list


After almost 5 years in Wimbledon I'm starting to look at moving back in with my parents for a while to save money.  I'll stay in my job but commute (maybe I'm crazy).

The agreement with my landlord means I'm currently looking for someone to take my room.
-If you're interested you can find the ad on Spare Room -

Anyway here's the check list I'm working through at the moment:

  • tell housemates
  • tell landlord
  • take pictures
  • create advert
  • find day for viewings when flatmates are around
  • viewings with selected applicants
  • get feedback from flatmates on who they liked
  • confirm with chosen person
  • introduce to landlord
  • pass on details around bills
  • sort day to handover keys
  • changing my address EVERYWHERE
  • clearing out
  • taking things to the charity shop
  • fixing bits
  • booking a van
  • sorting my train season ticket
  • book parking space

Comments